04 February 2021
Telford Homes signs ‘Building a Safer Future’ Charter
Telford Homes are pleased to become a Registered Signatory of the Building a Safer Future Charter. Telford Homes recognises that becoming a Registered Signatory is an important first step towards achieving the culture and behavioural change required in relation to the Charter's objectives around building safety. In confirming our support as a Registered Signatory, we will now be working to ensure that we embed the principles of the Charter into our organisation’s activities.
The commitments of the charter are key to driving the culture change and action required to improve building safety by making improvements to current practice and behaviours. The commitments include:
- Collaborate to spearhead culture change and be the voice of building safety across our sector.
- Be transparent in the interests of safety, sharing key information with residents, clients, contractors and statutory bodies in a useful and accessible manner in the design, construction and occupation phases of the process.
- Make safety a key factor of choice in who we work with, ensuring that building safety is placed at the centre of selection decisions without compromising quality or value for money.
- Ensure that the voices and safety of residents, visitors and employees are central in our decision making process.
- Set out and communicate clear responsibilities within our organisation and with our partners, ensuring everyone with a stake in the building during design, construction and occupation understands their role and has the time and resources they need to achieve and maintain building safety.